星期二, 2月 07, 2012

Life is just one part of the Eternity

Upset, sad, grief and sorrow, etc. were the feeling that my family and I felt in these few days.  Mother could not get to the lunar new year of Dragon and passed away in the mid-night on Jan 22, 2012. I got a call from my sister after she found mother was fell off in the bathroom. In this phone call, I heard my sister's voice was trembling and full of fear. I tried hard to calm myself down while heard it. I got myself ready and went to the hospital with Sissy. When I had got there, I saw my sister was crying. She could not help herself but bursted out to tears. At that moment, I knew that there would be a bad news. My feeling was, unfortunately, quite right.

It was a wonderful night, mother, my sister and one of my aunts moved to their new house and had a home-warming and gathering dinner. Most of the family, except my cousin, his girl friend and my wife, showed up in the new house. We had an enjoyable night and thought we might have a good start for the year of dragon. After 11pm, everyone had left, mother went to the bathroom as she might want to clean up herself before going to sleep. Since she always stayed in the bathroom for while at night, my sister and aunt did not notice her staying too long. Until about an hour later, they found it strange and tried to knock the door. When they knocked down the door, mother was found laying on the toilet seat with unconscious.

My mother's life was ended in such a short notice. We all were not ready for the tragedy. This Chinese New Year, our houses were clouded with upset and grief.

This tragedy reminded me my father's passing away 22 years ago.  My father was in and out the hospital during his last few years. Usually, it was the times that my mother and I were not around when my dad was sent to the hospital. The last time he was sent to the hospital was the malfunctioning of his heart. His staying at the hospital was during the famous "June 4" campaign. Most of the doctors and nurses were joining the protesting gathering and very few of the staff were staying in the hospital. One day, my father was found coma and falling off on the ground in the bathroom. The doctor said he might have experienced an extreme heart attack and could not stand it.

After a couple weeks of my mother's tragedy, her funeral service was set in Kowloon Funeral, the one that couple blocks from our Tai Kok Tsui home. Before the service, I was so tense because of worrying others' comments on the funeral, some tricky things happened during the funeral and stuff like that. Fortunately, the whole service was done with peace.

I am still trying to cope with the loss of mother. I am doing pretty good!

沒有留言: